Bruce Freeman Rail Trail
Please stay off the trail during construction:
Construction activities will continue on the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail Phase 2A (south of Rt 225 in Westford, then through Carlisle and Acton) through sometime in the spring 2018. Both Phase 2A and 2C (West Concord) are active construction sites, with in-process conditions which may be unsafe, including in-process fence installations, unsafe drop-offs, unfinished berms, holes, and trenches dug for multiple reasons. Located in an active construction site are materials which may be: sharp, hot, heavy, unstable, dirty, and otherwise dangerous; along with construction equipment which may provide attractive hazards. In addition, we are concerned that people may damage the plantings before they have a chance to get settled into the ground, and can make seeded areas unsuitable for seed germination, and can create runoff sites in soft soil. In other words, please stay out of the construction site, which is the entire Phase 2 trail, until the contractor has removed ALL indications of construction.
If you want to receive "push" notices/updates automatically, please do the following:
- Navigate to the "Notify me" feature of the Town of Acton website.
- Enter your email address or cellphone number on the screen that pops up.
- You will then receive a confirming email or text message containing a link to click on (that you are now "registered" on the site).
- Go back to blog site.
- Click the "envelope icon" beside the notices you want to receive by email or by text on phone.
Previous Public Meetings
- February 29, 2012 - Bruce Freeman Rail Trail Parking Community Meeting The town held a community meeting on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 7 p.m., in the Stony Brook Middle School auditorium to provide information on the Rail Trail in preparation for Annual Town Meeting, which has several citizen petition articles related to the Rail Trail
- August 31, 2011 The town held a public meeting on Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 7 p.m., in the J.V. Fletcher Library to discuss parking issues related to the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail, and examine possible sites to consider for creating trail parking areas
- September 20, 2010 Planning Board Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- October 4, 2010 Planning Board Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- December 7, 2010 Planning Board Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- October 29, 2008 Transcript from Design Public Hearing October 29, 2008 (PDF)
- May 7, 2008 Meeting Summary (PDF)
- January 30, 2008 Meeting Summary (PDF)