About the Engineering DepartmentThe Westford Engineering Department performs the following functions:
- Reviews various projects submitted to the Planning Department and oversees the construction of many of these projects.
- Provides engineering services to Departments and Committees in town including, but not limited to, the Planning Department, Highway Department, Police Department, Fire Department, Conservation Commission, Building Department, Town Clerk, Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, Historical Commission, and Board of Health.
- Provides support to residents, businesses, contractors, consultants, and realtors.
- Stores, maintains, and updates public records, maps, and plans.
- Assists in the procurement of professional services for the Engineering Department as well as other town departments.
- Procures and manages numerous consultant services contracts and is responsible for reviewing, designing, bidding, overseeing, and inspecting of selected town construction contracts.
- Implements and manages the NPDES Stormwater Phase II program.
Engineering Department Mission StatementThe Engineering Department is committed to working with other departments to discover and identify infrastructure deficiencies that cause hardship, inconvenience or expense to the Town of Westford and its inhabitants, and will provide effective solutions that resolve or preclude those deficiencies.
- Guidelines for Preparation of a Transportation Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Improvements to Roadways-Betterments (PDF)
- Street List (PDF) 2022
- Unofficial Subdivision List (PDF)
- Westford Pavement Management Report 2020
- Road Surface Ratings & Repair Categories
- FY2019-22 Capital Improvement Plan
- NMCOG Town Center Study - 2014 (PDF)
- Road Safety Audit 2017 - Town Farm Road - Forge Village Road - Abbot Street
- Road Safety Audit 2017 - Griffin Road
- Road Safety Audit 2021 - Groton Road at North Street