COVID-19 Updates and Information
Updated April 14, 2021 The Westford Health Department is monitoring this situation very carefully and will update this page as new information becomes available. State Public Health Officials Announce New COVID-19 Variant Cases, Urge Continued Protective Measures here.
Total cases in Westford: 1353
Active cases: 68
Total recovered: 1258
Call 211 for help booking appointments!!!!, Receive Text/Email Updates, and More:
- Text COVIDMA to 888-777 for up to date information from the State.
- Call 2-1-1 or search online for non-emergency questions and help. It’s free, confidential and multilingual.
- Sign up to receive notifications when COVID-19 vaccine clinics are available in Westford
- Mental Health Resources
- Call the Westford Health Department at (978) 692-5509
COVID-19 is a new respiratory (lung) disease, caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that has not previously been seen in humans.
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person:
- Between people who are in close contact (within 6 feet) or direct contact with a person with COVID-19
- When someone with COVID-19 coughs, sneezes, sings, talks, or breathes they produce respiratory droplets. The virus can be transmitted through exposure to the droplets when a a person is in contact with someone who is infected
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure and include:
- Fever, chills or shaking chills
- Signs of a lower respiratory illness (cough, shortness of breath, lowered oxygen saturation)
- Fatigue, sore throat, headache, body aches/myalgia, or new loss of sense of taste or smell
- Less common symptoms include gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea), rash, and inflammatory conditions
- Elderly, chronically ill, or debilitated individuals, symptoms of COVID-19 may be subtle such as alterations in metal status or in blood glucose control
If you develop symptoms, please contact your healthcare provider and a test site near you to schedule a test. You can also check your symptoms online here.
For a list of facilities that perform COVID-19 testing, please visit: COVID-19 Test Site Locator Map.
Regulations and Preventative Guidance:
The CDC recommends you wear a face covering when out in public
- You could spread COVID-19 to others even if you do not feel sick.
- Everyone should wear a face covering when they have to go out in public, for example to the grocery store or to pick up other necessities. Face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- The face covering is meant to protect other people in case you are infected.
- Do NOT use a facemask meant for a healthcare worker.
- Continue to keep about 6 feet between yourself and others. The face cover is not a substitute for social distancing.
Business Guidance and Grants:
- Micro-Enterprise Forgivable Loans available for eligible Westford businesses
Westford is pleased to announce a new partnership between five communities and TRI, The Resource, Inc., that will help support micro-businesses impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. For more information and to see if your business qualifies, click here. Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org..
- Guidance for reopening your business
- U.S. Small Business Administration Coronavirus: Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
|Pet Food Initiative||Need animal food/supplies? Have food/supplies to donate? Animal Control is currently accepting donations. If you or someone you know is in need of assistance, please call (978) 692-4574 or email email@example.com. A donation drop-off bin is currently outside the Westford Police Station door, in addition the Cameron Senior Center is accepting donations M-Th 8AM-1PM.|
|Help with Food Shopping & Medication
||Contact the Cameron Senior Center at 978-692-5523
Reusable bags temporarily prohibited. Hours for seniors required. Sanitizing options for customers now required. To view the complete order click HERE.
4/7/19: UPDATED REQUIREMENTS can be seen Here
|Public Schools||See the WPS website for latest information.|
|Household Hazardous Waste Collection||Our next Hazardous Waste Collection is scheduled for May 8, 2021.
Unfortunately due to the COVID-19 pandemic, at this time non-members cannot utilize services at the Minuteman Household Hazardous Products Regional Facility in Lexington, MA to dispose hazardous household waste until further notice. For questions you may contact them at (781) 274-8334.
|Solid Waste Collection||Please ensure all personal hygiene products, used tissues, paper towel, sanitary wipes, face masks, gloves, and similar items are disposed of in plastic garbage bags. Garbage bags should be tied securely for disposal. If you are sick or caring for someone who is sick: all personal waste should be double bagged in plastic garbage bags. Securely tie all bags shut and dispose of as regular residential garbage.|
|To report fraud
||Contact the Office of Inspector General at 866-750-5721|
|Fire Department||Public access is limited to the vestibule of the new HQ Station (except for walk-in medicals). No station tours.
Starting on 6/22 residential inspections will resume with the following requirements:
- Mon, Weds, Fri only from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Only 1 person can be in home at time of inspection
- Mouth and nose covering required
For more information relative to regulatory requirements, please visit www.westfordfire.com or contact Lt. Donald Parsons at (978) 399-20802
||All permits and applications can be submitted online or at the office. Staff is available for technical support on plans and Health Department Operations. All inspections and field operations are at full capacity. For the office, call 978-692-5509 or go to https://www.westfordma.gov/215/Health-Department
|Library||Visit www.westfordlibrary.org for the following services. IN-HOUSE BROWSING BY APPOINTMENT resumes 3/23. RETURNS: Patrons wearing masks may return library materials in the rear drive-through Book Drop. For CURBSIDE PICKUP Mon - Sat see SERVICES. For BOOK THE BROWSE TENT see SERVICES. For VIRTUAL offerings for all ages see KIDS and EVENTS. For safe downloadable formats see ECOLLECTIONS. To CALL, CHAT or ask for Reference Assistance call 978-399-2304.|
|Police Department||The lobby of the Westford Police Department is open, however, we will be temporarily allowing our Officers to take reports over the phone for any issue or incident that we feel would not require a visit to your home. If possible it is requested that you call Public Safety Communications @ 978-399-2345 to request an Officer or if you have questions. In case of an emergency, please dial 9-1-1.|
Westford Parks & Recreation is open to the public. For information about the department, visit westfordma.gov. Registration for Parks & Recreation's 2021 Summer Weekly Programs for children begins mid March.
The Summer Weekly Programs offer ten weeks of flexible programming, from June 21 - August 27, and include full week, partial week, early arrival, and extended day options. For additional information, and to register for 2021 recreation programs, visit westfordrec.com.
|Recreation / Athletic Fields||Open to limited group use via permit from Westford Parks & Recreation. Please call 978-692-5532 to speak with staff to obtain a facility use permit. For information about Westford Parks & Recreation, visit westfordma.gov.|
|Senior Center||The center is temporarily closed to the public, but staff are working in the building and providing support services including van transportation Monday thru Friday from 8-4PM. To reach the Cameron call 978-692-5523 or go to www.westfordma.gov/coa. Westford Food Pantry distribution hours: Wednesdays: 6-8PM and Fridays: 9-11AM and donations are accepted at these times.|
|Tax Collector||Payments can be mailed to Tax Collector’s Office 55 Main Street, Westford, MA 01886, or dropped off in the drop box located at the back of town hall. Online payments can be made via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to receive a stamped receipt, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope and we will mail it back to you. For more information , visit the town’s website www.westfordma.gov and find Tax Collector under Departments.|
|Town Clerk Office||Dog licensing and vital records (birth, death, marriage) are available online. Online payments may be made by credit card. Bulk item sticker locations are listed on this page . Call ahead to make arrangements to obtain marriage licenses, business certificates and raffle permits.|
|Veterans Services||As of Monday 3/15/2021 the Veterans Department will be open to the public. For assistance please email email@example.com or call 978-392-1170.|
|Water Department||Customers may drop off payments using the mail slot inside the front lobby, but are encouraged to make payments online or through the mail. To contact the Water Department please use one of the following:
General Questions: 978-692-5529 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
Billing: 978-399-2451 or email@example.com;
Account Payable at 978-399-2452 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
Water Quality: 978-399-2457 or email@example.com;
Operations: 978-399-2456 or firstname.lastname@example.org.