The BWI tool may be obtained at the following EPA web page:
[ https://www.e-enterprise.gov/eenterprise-new ]https://www.e-enterprise.gov/eenterprise-new
1. From here, select “browse as guest” at top right side of web page.
2. Agree to the “conditions of use”.
3. The Be Well Informed tool is at the top left side of the next web page.
4. Open the drop-down menu arrow in the box labeled “Select a State/Tribe” and select “Massachusetts”, then click on the “check your water” box.
5. A data entry page will open for the entry of water quality results.
6. There is also a “State/Tribe Resources” menu item at the top of the data entry page where you may obtain links to information that is relevant to private well owners from MassDEP, MADPH, EPA, and other entities.
Please share this information on the availability of this helpful Tool.
The Water Quantity section of MassDEP’s Private Well Guidelines has been updated and is available at: [ https://www.mass.gov/media/1514836 ]https://www.mass.gov/media/1514836
If you have any questions about the Massachusetts version of the BWI tool or the guidelines and model regulations please contact the MassDEP Drinking Water Program at [ mailto:email@example.com ]firstname.lastname@example.org or Joe Cerutti at [ mailto:email@example.com ]firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-292-5859.