- Boards & Committees A - D
- Drew Gardens Task Force
Drew Gardens Task Force
Agendas & MinutesAgendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View all meeting minutes
Update - July 2016
The Board of Selectmen have asked the Drew Gardens Task Force to to consider the charge listed. Westford Gateway LLC, the property owner of 66 Boston Road has prepared revised his plans and is asking the Board of Selectmen to consider these changes and a new Agreement and changes to the proposed Amendment to the Agricultural Preservation Restriction (APR). The documents related to the Task Force and the materials provided by the property owner are posted online.
Drew Gardens Task Force Charge
At their meeting of June 30, 2016, the Drew Gardens Task Force voted 8-0-0 to recommend to the Board of Selectmen the following Charge for the Task Force. Although 2 new members had not been sworn in (thus were ineligible to vote), they participated in the discussion and indicated their support for the Charge below. The Board of Selectmen voted 4-0 to approve the charge at their meeting on July 12, 2016.
Drew Gardens Task Force Shall:
- Explore and evaluate the proposal by Westford Gateway LLC to amend one of three Agricultural Preservation Restrictions (APRs) that applies to two parcels of land at 66 Boston Road and an unnumbered adjacent parcel (Map 022 Parcels 0115 and 0116). The proposal is to amend APR Number 3 to allow for the construction of a restaurant and related improvements, which ultimately requires Town Meeting approval;
- Include in said evaluation a review of the following sections of the APR: "Statement of Purpose," the "Prohibited Uses," "Retained Rights," "Activities Which Require Prior Written Approval";
- Explore and evaluate impacts to agriculture on APR 2;
- Explore and evaluate any proposed agreement between and among the Board of Selectmen, Ebi Masalehdan, and Westford Gateway LLC;
- Document their recommendations and associated rationale, including an economic evaluation of the agricultural use of the property;
- Submit their recommendation on the above matters to the Board of Selectmen in order to consider the matter at the 2016 Fall Special Town Meeting; and
- Explore and investigate any "Notice of Intent to Sell" and make a recommendation to the Board of Selectmen whether or not the Town should exercise its right of first refusal to purchase the property.