Affordable Housing Trust
- 7 p.m.
- 1st Wednesday of Each Month
- Westford Housing Authority Community Room
65 Tadmuck Road
Westford, MA 01886
Agendas and Minutes
The Affordable Housing Trust encourages the production and preservation of housing that is affordable typically to households at or below the area median income (AMI).
The Affordable Housing Trust Fund (AHTF), is the funding source for the creation and preservation of affordable housing in Westford. The AHTF was established by vote of the 2005 Westford Annual Town Meeting.
- To ensure Westford maintains a Subsidized Housing Inventory (SHI) consistent with Commonwealth of Massachusetts goals. To that end, the Trust seeks and advocates for housing opportunities for those with family income less than 80% of the area median income (AMI).
- To advocate for housing opportunities consistent with the State’s “Housing First” priority, the Trust seeks and advocates for housing opportunities for those with income between 80%-120% of Area Median Income called “workforce housing.”
- To diversify the types of affordable housing for a variety of tenants and owners including but not limited to young adults and families, aging seniors, and large families.
- To encourage the siting of future affordable housing in areas with good access to community services and Town infrastructure.
- To raise awareness throughout the Town of the need and benefits of these housing opportunities.
- To support the goals defined in the Housing Production Plan.