- Select Board
- 7:00 p.m.
- 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the Month
- Town Hall
55 Main Street
Westford, MA 01886
Agendas & MinutesAgendas and Packets are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Mission StatementThe Select Board is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of our citizens, providing a high quality education for our children, managing growth, maintaining the town infrastructure, and protecting the town's valued environmental and historic resources, all in a fiscally responsible manner. The board will provide open and honest leadership, promote citizen participation, and support and encourage our town employees and volunteers. The board will always act in the best interest of the Town.
The Select Board and town of Westford staff compiled a list of state mandates that cost towns valuable funds to comply with. We are requesting that our state officials review this list and bring forth those mandates they feel may be changed to alleviate some of this financial obligation on the part of towns.
PurposeThe Select Board Members are the chief policy making officials of the town and are responsible for the enforcement of all town bylaws and regulations. They appoint the following people and committees according to the Town Charter:
- Board of Appeals
- Conservation Commission
- Town Counsel
- Town Manager
Other CommitteesAdditionally, in accordance with general language in the Town Charter, the Select Board may appoint many other committees. A sample listing is shown below. For a full listing of current committees go the Boards and Committees database.
- Cable TV Advisory Committee
- Council On Aging
- Historical Commission
- Lowell Regional Transportation Authority Representative
- Northern Middlesex Council of Government (Selectman Representative)
- Permanent Town Building Committee
- Any ad hoc committees required to carry out the responsibilities of the Select Board which are not delegated to the Town Manager for appointment (for example, the Town Center Parking and Traffic Study Committee)