Friends of the Cameron Senior Center
The Friends of Cameron Senior Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit volunteer organization providing services and fellowship for senior citizens throughout the local community. Our key mission is to provide financial support to Westford’s Cameron Senior Center, enabling it to offer special programs, activities and support services that it otherwise wouldn’t be able to do.
Membership is open to people of all ages – and new members are always welcome! Anyone who makes a voluntary contribution within the current fiscal year may join. All contributions are tax-deductible. Please consider becoming a member, contributor and/or volunteer.
Some of our support to Cameron includes:
- Covering costs of fitness & exercise classes, so Westford seniors can attend free-of-charge
- Sponsoring social activities such as: summer parties, holiday & seasonal lunches, monthly congregate breakfasts, ‘lunch & learn’ and/or evening programs and other special events
- Assisting qualified seniors with emergency financial assistance for food, housing, utilities, medical services or transportation
- Providing assets for the Cameron, such as: a microwave oven, coffee makers, storage shelving units, furniture, recreational equipment, craft supplies, and other needed items
- Organizing fundraising events and activities, such as craft fairs, an art auction, bake sale, and themed or seasonal events, etc.
- Managing the Cameron thrift shop, Trudy’s Boutique, open year-round
The Friends need your financial support to assist the Senior Center in carrying out its mission.
We also need new members, new ideas, and new energy!
If you’d like to learn more about us, come to a Friends Board of Directors meeting, the 2nd Thursday of each month at 10 a.m., at the Cameron Senior Center, 20 Pleasant St. For a copy of the Friends by-laws, click here, stop by the Cameron, or if you would prefer a copy mailed to you, call 978-692-5523.
Friends of Cameron Board of Directors
Barbara Upperman, President
Pat Reppucci, Vice President
Chris Kuntz, Secretary
Kevin McGuire, Treasurer
Frances Kosenko, Assistant Treasurer
Karen Sue Bigelow