Veterans Services Department
The Town of Westford's Veterans Services Department's mission is to honor and serve veterans and their families. By serving as their principal advocate, we are ensuring that they receive the care, support and recognition earned in service to their country.
The department advises residents as to the availability of federal and state services and benefits to which they are entitled to. In addition, the department provides financial assistance to qualifying veterans, surviving spouses and their dependents.
WREATHS ACROSS AMERICA, 2019
Westford is making plans to participate in Wreaths Across America again this year and will lay wreaths on the graves of veterans resting in Westford cemeteries. Please join us on Saturday, December 14, 2019 at noon to lay wreaths for our fallen heroes. Our goal is to purchase more than 1,000 wreaths this year. Please go to wreathsacrossamerica.org/MA0049 to purchase/sponsor a wreath and to help Westford continue this special holiday, family-friendly tradition. Contact the cemetery department or the Veterans Services Office for more information.
We offer the following assistance:
- Navigating VA Benefits
- Financial Aid and/or Assistance
- Medical Expenses Assistance
- Burial Assistance
- Cemetery Markers and Flags
- Locating Military/Discharge records
Important Phone Numbers
- Veterans Crisis Line - 800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- VA Benefits: 800-827-1000: For information about: Burial, Disability, Education, Home Loan, Life Insurance, Medical Care, Sexual Trauma
- VA Caregiver Support Line: (are you caring for a veteran at home?)
- VA Direct Deposit Enrollment/Changes: 877-838-2778
- VA Education (GI Bill): 888-442-4551
- VA Gulf War/Agent Orange Helpline: 800-749-8387
- VA Health Care Bedford - 800-838-6331 (follow the prompts)
- VA Health Care Boston - 800-865-3384 (follow the prompts)
- VA Health Care Benefits: 877-222-8387
- VA Income Verification and Means Testing: 800-929-8387
- VA Life Insurance: 800-669-8477
- VA Mammography Helpline: 888-492-7844
- VA Pension Management Center: 877-294-6380
- VA Status of Headstones and Markers: 800-697-6947
- VA Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD): 800-829-4833
- How do I Get a Veterans ID Card?
- Who do I call for transportation to my VA medical appointment?
- Can I get hearing aids or glasses from the VA?
- How do I get a cemetery marker for a veteran?
- Am I eligible for financial aid? Can I get help with my medical bills?
- How can I support veterans and active duty service members?
- Do you qualify for a utility or telephone discount?
- I have a Service Connected Disability rating from the VA, what am I entitled to?