Electric Aggregation Program
Westford Power Options Program (POP) is an electricity supply program organized by the Town of Westford to keep electricity supply rates both stable and competitive* and to provide the community with more electricity supply options. While future savings cannot be guaranteed, to date customers have saved money year over year as compared to Basic Service from National Grid (see data at the bottom of the page). In addition to a standard program offering, Westford POP customers have the ability to purchase more local renewable energy in their electric supply for a slightly higher supply price. With Westford POP, National Grid continues to deliver electricity, repair poles and outages and manage all electricity billing. The only change is the source and options for your electricity supply, which are chosen by the town, and subsequently by you. Customers may opt out of the program at any time without penalty.
*Required disclaimer from the Department of Public Utilities: Future savings cannot be guaranteed because future National Grid rates are unknown. National Grid Basic Service rates change every six months for residential and commercial customers and every three months for industrial customers.
Current Contract start date: January 1, 2024
Current Contract end date: December 1, 2025
Call Constellation at 833-461-0813 or click HERE to sign up for the town's electric aggregation program.
On the Westford POP website masscea.com/westford, residents, business owners, and other ratepayers can:
● Learn how the program works;
● Get current information on program rates and how they compare to NationalGrid’s Basic Service rates;
● Easily enroll (opt-in) or unenroll (opt-out) in the Westford POP;
● Read about the benefits of supporting renewable energy included in our region;
● Read the aggregation plan and other program documents.
Eligible customers opening new accounts with National Grid will receive an opt-out letter package detailing the program and ways to leave the program (opt out); those who choose not to opt out will be automatically enrolled.
Customers who have chosen a third-party supplier will not receive an opt-out package. They can voluntarily enroll in the program but they may be subject to penalties or early termination fees from the third-party supplier if they switch to the electricity aggregation program during the term of their contract with their chosen supplier.
Energy and Dollar Savings Generated by the Westford Pop Program
- Assignment Letter From Coned Sol to Constellation legal notice - May 2017
- Public Power Electric Aggregation Contract
- New Electricity Supplier Information - January 2018
- Constellation - Change in Law Notice - 11.16.2020
- Electric Service Agreement with Constellation NewEnergy, Inc.
- Memo from Attorney Holland Opinion RE Electric Aggregation Program Price Increase
- Memo from Good Energy RE Constellation NewEnergy Price Change Notice
- Press Release RE Rate Increase - September 14, 2018
- Westford Opt-Out Letter, April 2019
- Westford pop blast October 2023