Electric Aggregation Program
Westford Power Options Program is an electricity supply program organized by the Town of Westford. With Westford POP, National Grid continues to deliver electricity, repair poles and outages and manage all electricity billing. The only change is the source and options for your electricity supply, which are chosen by the town.
On the Westford POP website masscea.com/westford, residents, business owners, and other ratepayers can:
● Learn how the program works;
● Get current information on program rates and how they compare to NationalGrid’s Basic Service rates;
● Easily enroll (opt-in) or unenroll (opt-out) in the Westford POP;
● Read out the benefits of supporting renewable energy included in our region;
● Read the aggregation plan and other program documents.
Please keep in mind that future savings cannot be guaranteed because National Grid Basic Service rates change every six months for residential and commercial customers and every three months for industrial customers. Eligible customers will receive an opt-out letter package detailing the program and ways to leave the program (opt out); those who choose not to opt out will be automatically enrolled.
Customers who have chosen a third-party supplier will not receive an opt-out package. They can voluntarily join the program but they may be subject to penalties or early termination fees from the third-party supplier if they switch to the electricity aggregation program during the term of their contract with their chosen supplier.
Contract start date: January 1, 2021
Contract end date: December 31, 2023